Monday, October 26, 2009

Not so Great Expectations

Now that we almost won our league, what are we going to expect from our boys? Our last game against a younger team, was unlucky but it is soccer. We had our chances and didn't go through! We tied!

So how did these kids get so good a such a young age? Some of these kids have been playing premier for a while, when we started at U10. They have been trained through some academies and camps. The players passed, played the wall pass, played one and two touch, attacked the goal with combination play and worked hard on defense. They were fun to watch!

So should we push our players more? Should we expect more from them? In France, we played at school on concrete floor, with lines, no standing around and all children are playing, whether it is even or uneven numbers on each team. It was fun!

We came from recreational and we accomplished to be in D1 and finalist! But I want more. I want them to like this game, like I do. I want them to perform all the time and play hard in defense. Juggle more, pass more. And like always I can't do it by myself! I still need your help to commit even more! I know Basketball is coming, soccer will be second.... but we won't be like the younger team, if we don't expect more from our players! What do you think?
where the people are standing - there was a soccer field in my time.

0 comments: