Monday, October 29, 2007

End of Season

I want to thank every one for their support this season . It was not an easy decision for me to let go of my son . I have been coaching him since he was 4 years old!

For 4 years! And it is even more difficult to let go when I see great plays like at our last game! I saw Dylan dribbling the ball, going full speed, and I screamed "scissors" because he had to beat his opponent. Instead of doing what I suggested , he made an incredible pass to Julien who was running on the side line. That was an incredible assist and play.

I didn't teach this to them! It represents the pure instinct of great players and teamwork. I hope to think that my coaching inspired the players to be who they are today.

Again, thanks for all your support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurent,

We have been so lucky that Ben was able to join your team! He has learned so much and become such a soccer fan – it has opened up a whole new sport for him! And he is far more fit, with much greater stamina, than when he began with you early last spring. Thank you so much for being a terrific coach! And, it has been such fun for Dan and me to get to know you and Kathy better – what great people you are! But I will stop now so that you don’t get a swelled head!

Connie

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laurent, you have done a great job!!